Sounds a bit dull, but not when you're playing 70's music, you're dressed in high visibility gear, and you're throwing sponges at each other (while brightening up hub caps)! And of course it's a really topical fundraiser for a road safety cause!
This is a fantastic way to have fun, team build and raise money for a great cause, and a perfect idea for your company, school, club or kindy car park in your lunch hour or in the afternoon. All you need are some willing washers, buckets and sponges!
1. Decide on the date you're going to do it, and stick up some posters advertising it!
2. Charge a note donation for every car wash.
3. Who's going to do it? Who can help? Why not ask your friendly local fire officers? They like a shiny engine and care deeply about deaths on roads as they often get called out to road crashes.
4. Invite the media along to take a picture of your event. A great way to promote the cause and what you are doing. Why not make a banner for your media picture, saying "Carwash not Carnage"?
5. Stick the music on (Car Wash by Rose Royce - of course!) and get sponging! Hand out road safety leaflets from your local council, or write your own called "Carwash not Carnage!" thanking people for letting you wash their car in aid of Brake and asking them to slow down in your community and to sign the Brake Pledge.
Not for you? Return to the fundraising homepage and find something that is!